Hidden Waterfalls

Good leadership comes from people who have penetrated their own inner darkness and arrive at the place where we are at one with one another, people who can lead the rest of us to a place of 'hidden wholeness' because they have been there and know the way. -Willard

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tampa, Florida, United States

I'm a youth pastor's wife, mother of two grade schoolers, and teach online courses for Warner University. I have a passion for college students! I have my Masters from Fuller Seminary and am currently completing my Doctorate through Azusa Pacific University. I am also taking baby steps toward a life of social activism.

Friday, May 27, 2005

Change

Is it ever appropriate to change simply for the sake of change? Must change always be motived by need, response, or progress? What is the value of change apart from growth or practicality?

3 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

What Quantum Physics questions! And very important questions at that. This Andy Dailey BTW, and I would love to talk CHANGE right now, since there is so much going on in Daileyville. Lori, I operate in a tangible, image driven land, when it comes to my thoughts, so can I suggest we run with your questions, using whatever metaphors we can come up with? Like tsunamis and earthquakes are very random change events. That is if you want to run with these questions? Sorry, I am a scatter brain.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

I definately don't think at the level of Quantum Physics, but I am interested in discussing change. Since you brought up Creation, I see so many parallels between nature and the human condition. Nothing stays the same in nature. Time and the constant interaction of elements affect everything. All living things are constantly adapting to survive. Adapting...hmmm, that makes me ask, should human change be adaption or intention?

4:51 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Humans are adapting in more ways than survival. They are adapting in creative ways. We are of course made in God's image, but I think we are made with more than just that. We are creative beings that bring about creative change. Another definition of adaptation is to work with another's work, we are playing and creating with what God intended for us in the first place.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home