Hidden Waterfalls

Good leadership comes from people who have penetrated their own inner darkness and arrive at the place where we are at one with one another, people who can lead the rest of us to a place of 'hidden wholeness' because they have been there and know the way. -Willard

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tampa, Florida, United States

I'm a youth pastor's wife, mother of two grade schoolers, and teach online courses for Warner University. I have a passion for college students! I have my Masters from Fuller Seminary and am currently completing my Doctorate through Azusa Pacific University. I am also taking baby steps toward a life of social activism.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Leading Love

The love of God is not God's making much of us, but God's saving us from self-centered sin so that we can enjoy making much of him forever. And our love to others is not our making much of them, but our helping them to find eternal satisfaction in making much of God. The only ultimate love is a love that aims at satisfying people in the glory of God. Any love that terminates on man is eventually destructive. It does not lead a person to the only lasting joy, namely, God. Love must be God-centered or it is not the greatest love; it leaves people without their deepest need and only hope. ~John Piper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home